It is an inorganic compound that is used as a source of iodine in thyrotoxic crisis. Banking upon in-depth domain knowledge and years of vast experience, we are engaged in offering our clients Potassium Iodide powder. At our sound processing unit, we process this chemical using high quality compounds. This chemical blocks the thyroid gland's uptake of radioactive iodine and thus could reduce the risk of thyroid cancers. We use air tight bottles to pack this Potassium Iodide powder. Also, we offer this chemical at reasonable prices.
- High melting point
- Longer shelf life
- No adulteration
- Molecular Weight : 166
- EC No. 231-659-4
- KI M.W. : 166.00
- Minimum assay(KI) : 99.5%
- Un No. NR TARIFF : 2827 60 10
- R : 42/43 S : 32-36/37 F : 14
Maximum Limits of Impurities :-
- Free alkali(as K2CO3) 0.028%
- Sulphate(SO4) 0.005%
- Iodate(IO3) 0.0003%
- Thiosulphate(S2O3) 0.005%
- Heavy metals(as Pb) 0.001%
- Iron(Fe) 0.0002%
- Loss on drying(1050C) 0.5%
- Used to treat hyperthyroidism & to protect thyroid gland
- Used to treat skin phycomycosis & sporotrichosis
- Used to loosen & break up muscus in the airways.
Side Effects :-
May cause diarrhea, vomiting, swelling, rash, so consult to your physician before use.